David was introduced to the nuclear power industry in 1989, assigned to Operations and Maintenance at the Zion Nuclear station (Illinois), and has grown in experience through four nuclear fleets and 13 power stations in the Outage and Work Management, Maintenance and Switchyard, Safety and Human Performance arenas.
David has been certified in Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Primavera and Safety Conscious Work Environment as a ‘SCWE Trainer.’ He has been a lead and peer auditor and assessor with EPRI, INPO and was a team member for the Davis Besse NRC SCWE Assessment. He was also a management team leader for the recovery efforts of a NRC Watch List plant who returned to Column 1 from Column 4 in one operating cycle.
David has co-authored two industry standards documents for outage management with INPO and EPRI, and has given several addresses on management engagement and empowering workforces to recover global fleet business operations.
Nuclear Quality Assurance and Supplier Development
· Work Management and Equipment Reliability
· Outage Management, Industrial Safety and Human Performance
· Business Analytics and Performance Recovery
· Corporate and International Program Standardization
· Outage Management and Excellence (Trainer)
· Project and Schedule Management (PMI)
· Primavera Scheduling Software
· National Safety Council ASP Certification
· Six Sigma (DMAIC)
· Toyota Kata (Lean)
Leadership Execution Certification from the University of Minnesota Carlson School Of Management
David is actively involved in his church and community social causes.